05 Feb Movista Continues Growing Leadership Team
Jack Wilson Joins as Head of Strategic Sales
Movista, the leading retail execution platform, announced today the appointment of technology industry veteran Jack Wilson as Senior Vice President of sales. Wilson will drive Movista’s global sales strategy, execution and expansion.
Wilson joins the firm on the heels of a $12 million growth investment led by Level Equity, a New York-based software-focused growth specialist. Movista will use the funds to develop new product features, accelerate innovation, invest in talent, and expand sales and marketing.
Wilson brings to Movista more than 25 years of experience in strategic planning and business development for start-up ventures and global corporations with multi-million-dollar budgets and revenues. He was most recently with Exactly.me, the leading provider of emotional analytics, where he served as CEO.
“While we will continue to be a product first company, the old saying “nobody gets paid until the sale is made” is true. Jack’s addition to the management team will free up other resources to more ably pursue new markets, technologies, partnerships and acquisitions” said Stan Zylowski, CEO and Co-Founder of Movista.
Additionally, Wilson has more than 20 years in IT sales and sales management experience, holding numerous management positions with Fortune 500 companies including Oracle, Sun Microsystems, EMC and Xerox. He also serves on the board of directors at Photel Customer Experience and on the executive advisory board of Whoa.com.
“I’m excited about the opportunity to join Movista and contribute to its expansion during this time of unprecedented growth within the workforce management industry. I look forward to working with the Movista team and our customers to realize our tremendous potential for leadership in the global market” said Jack Wilson.
Movista was founded in 2010 by retail veterans who understood the need for a smart solution to the issues experienced with a distributed workforce. The company pioneered the use of smart device applications to manage mobile employees and contractors. More than 40 enterprise clients use Movista’s smart platform, and demand for smart device software in the workplace has more than doubled for three consecutive years, growing Movista’s recurring revenues more than 300% since 2015.
Founded in Bentonville, Arkansas, in 2010 by Stan Zylowski and April Seggebruch, Movista LLC (www.movista.com) is the leading retail execution solution delivered in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution. Made up of retail veterans, managers, leaders and innovators, the team at Movista has experienced working in the field firsthand, so they understand the pain points involved with the distributed workforce model. They constantly strive to create technical solutions and efficiencies that drive rapid sales increases while driving down costs. Movista currently employs 60 people, all in the United States – primarily in Bentonville, AR.
Fun Facts About Movista
- Movista will turn 9 years old in May.
- Movista is a finalist for the Arkansas Business of the Year Awards. The winners will be named March 6, 2019.
- Movista has a 95% retention rate with its clients.
- Movista’s headquarters is The Icehouse, a former ice plant that provided blocks of ice to greater Benton County (Ark.) at the turn of the 19th Century.
- In September 2018, Movista raised a $12 million Series A growth equity investment, led by New York-based Level Equity, a software focused growth specialist with $1.65 billion in assets under management.
- Movista co-founders Stan Zylowski and April Seggebruch met as MBA students at the University of Arkansas Sam M. Walton School of Business. They developed what became Movista as part of an entrepreneurship class designed to come up with a solution to a real-world problem.
- Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer April Seggebruch was captain of the Lady Razorbacks basketball team while at the University of Arkansas.
- Movista’s recurring revenues are up more than 300% since 2015.
- Movista expects over 200,000 workers to be using its software on a daily basis by 2020.